As I have written in my previous logs, Vishnutirthji Maharaj told me a few months ago, that the Gita for a yogi is Devatma shakti. I compare God talks with Arjuna, written by Paramhansa Yogananda like it is the Vedas and devatma shakti is the Gita or smaller excerpt of it.
In Devatma Shakti, Maharaj has written the four steps of Yoga. The primary mistake is the ego is identified with the Purusha. So, the ego has to be separated out from the Purusha. Before we can seperate the ego from the Purusha, we have to separate the sensory system from the body. Before we can separate that out, we have to separate the motor system first.
Thus the first steps, the 6 chakras from agna to muladhar all refer to co ntrol over the motor system. This was written by Vishnutirthji Maharaj and I have verified it. When we are able to stay at Agna chakra sufficiently long, then and only then, slowly do we get control over the sensory system. When this is done, finally can we rid ourselves of desire.
I know what I wrote is very difficult to follow or understand. It is a matter of full experience. However, in laymans terms, I can explain it as follows :
1) Ordinarily, when we see an object for eg. our favorite food item, the sight and smell immediately grabs our attention. Since our attention is grabbed outside, our prana goes out also and once the prana goes out, our mind is uncontrolled and we struggle to suppress the desire. Most people thus, end up battling trying to control the desire but are wholly in effective. Most of their idea of Yoga, or meditation or zen or concentration is a battle against the desire. In the end, people use book knowledge to suppress the desire and fail. Any victory is temporary. It will ALWAYS crop up again.
DESIRES CAN NEVER BE QUENCHED AS LONG AS OUR SENSORY SYSTEM CONSTANTLY PULLS US OUT. OUR SENSORY SYSTEM WILL NEVER BE HAPPY OR BE FULFILLED WITH THIS. IT WILL CONSTANTLY DRAW US OUT. A YOGI, WHEN HE HAS MASTERED THE TECHNIQUE, LEARNS TO INVERT THE SENSORY SYSTEM ITSELF! THUS THE SENSORY SYSTEM INVERTED, NOW LOOKING WITHIN IS FULLY CONTENT AND NO LONGER DRAWS THE MIND OR PRANA OUTWARDS AND THUS DESIRES COME TO AN END. ALL ATTEMPTS TO GET RID OF DESIRE BY THE USE OF LOGIC, DETERMINATION OR SUPPRESSION WILL ALWAYS FAIL. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. I REPEAT, THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. THIS IS THE SUPERIORITY OF YOGA, KRIYA YOGA OR MAHAYOGA OVER ALL OTHER METHODS.
This is the result of meditation at the Agna chakra / manas chakra. After one learns to draw the prana from the motor system, in time, we learn to INVERT the SENSORY SYSTEM (gyanendriya). When this is done, the sensory system truly does what it is supposed to do, that is provide information and no longer remains a reason for the mind to desire and wander for in the world, wanting anything in this gross physical world. The SENSES ARE SATISFIED and REMAIN for the most part SATISFIED. THIS IS WHAT ALL TRUE YOGIS DO. This is what Yukteshwar wrote in the HOLY SCIENCE. This step occurs when kriya yoga is almost perfected.
The other characteristics are as follows
1) As stated above, the sensory system itself is satisfied and no longer imposes its will on the mind or desires
2) The prana is slowly withdrawn from the sensory system. This numbness is different from the numbness of the motor system. It is more superficial
3) The sounds or nada become those of Panchjanya (Krishna’s conch as described by Yogananda in Gita). It is a conglomerate of the 5 sounds of the lower chakras
4) The eyes blink less frequently in the waking state
5) Sleep and the need for sleep seems to abate
6) The vision changes – truly. Both in meditation and outside meditation. The world is more like a picture or unreal (not just because we think and have read it but in appearance
7) Intuition becomes more precise. The ability to understand others, their thoughts is more clear.
8) There is a constant happiness within (without cause and even in adversity) and in time, (I hope) the ability to see things intuitively in meditation should appear.
9) The breath gets lost (Kriya Yoga)
I was told it would take me 6 more months to get this perfected. However, so far I have had a tremendous start as described above.